PREPARING TO INHERIT THE GLORY
OLUBI JOHNSON, YOMI IBRAHIM & ABRAHAM OBE
It is the will of God that we inherit the glory of God: manifest the power of the Spirit without measure like the Lord Jesus did.
John 2:11 KJV: This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.
John 17:22 KJV: And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
2 Thessalonians 2:14 KJV: Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
However, to inherit this glory, we MUST prepare our hearts as declared symbolically in
Isaiah 40:3-5 KJV: The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. (4) Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: (5) And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
Isaiah 43:19 KJV: Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
Isaiah 35:1 KJV: The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.
Isaiah 35:8 AMP: And a highway shall be there, and a way; and it shall be called the Holy Way. The unclean shall not pass over it, but it shall be for the redeemed; the wayfaring men, yes, the simple ones and fools, shall not err in it and lose their way.
How then do we prepare our hearts?
By PRACTICING the wisdom of God as declared in
1 Corinthians 2:7 KJV: But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
Proverbs 9:1 KJV: Wisdom has built her house; She has hewn out her seven pillars;
These 7 pillars of wisdom are:
- Fear of God: Honesty and Humility of heart
- Prayer: Battle Prayer and Communion Prayer
- Binding the devil
- Confession of the Word
- Meditation on the Word
- Practicing of the Word
- Fasting and living a fasted life
It is this PRACTICE of these principles that make us wise (Matthew 7.24-27) virgins with oil in their vessels (physical bodies) as well as lamps (Matthew 25.1-13).
Observe that it is those who PRACTICE the Word that build on the rock of revelation and experiential knowledge that can withstand the flood (Isaiah 59.19), rain (Joel 2.23) and the wind (Acts 2.2-4) of the power of the Spirit without measure; on the other hand, this power of the Spirit without measure will destroy (1 Corinthians 5.5) those who build on sand.
As we PRACTICE these principles of wisdom, we prepare our hearts by
- Filling up in our hearts the valleys of condemnation (Romans 8.2) and low self esteem (James 1.9) by a revelation of our righteousness in Christ by the cleansing of His blood (1 John 1.7-10) and not our works (Ephesians 2.8-9)
- Removing the mountains and hills (Romans 12.3) of pride by practicing the fear of the Lord: honesty (2 Corinthians 4.1-2) and humility (1 Peter 5.5).
- Straightening the crooked paths of wrong and incomplete knowledge.
- Smoothening the rough roads of correct complete knowledge by using the mercy and grace of God to practice detailed instruction (Proverbs 4.1, 13) to act on that complete knowledge.
It is those who PRACTICE the Word of God in this manner that become wise virgins, build on the rock and so inherit the glory!
Proverbs 3:35 NKJV: The wise shall inherit glory, But shame shall be the legacy of fools.