LIFE IN OUR MORTAL BODY
Romans 8:11 NIV: And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.
2Corinthians 4:10-11 KJV: always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. (11) For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus’ sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
These scriptures show us that God wants His life to be made MANIFEST in our mortal bodies NOW IN THIS LIFETIME!
The life of God manifest in our mortal bodies will give us:
- Inner and outward holiness in conduct:
Romans 8:12-13 MSG: So then, brothers, we don’t owe a thing to our old nature that would require us to live according to our old nature. (13) For if you live according to your old nature, you will certainly die; but if, by the Spirit, you keep putting to death the practices of the body, you will live.
Romans 8:13 AMP: For if you live according to [the dictates of] the flesh, you will surely die. But if through the power of the [Holy] Spirit you are [habitually] putting to death (making extinct, deadening) the [evil] deeds prompted by the body, you shall [really and genuinely] live forever.
- Healing and health:
Proverbs 4:20 AMP: My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings.
Proverbs 4:22 AMP: For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh.
- Power for great miracles of healing and deliverance:
Acts 19:11-12 AMP: And God did unusual and extraordinary miracles by the hands of Paul, (12) So that handkerchiefs or towels or aprons, which had touched his skin, were carried away and put upon the sick, and their diseases left them and the evil spirits came out of them.
Matthew 14:35-36 The men there recognized Jesus and sent messengers all around the countryside. The people brought him everyone who was sick. (36) They begged him to let them touch just the edge of his clothes. Everyone who touched his clothes was made well.
How then do we do this?
Proverbs 4:20 NKJV: My son, pay attention to my words. Open your ears to what I say. (21) Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. (22) because they are life to those who find them and they heal the whole body. (23) Guard your heart more than anything else, because the source of your life flows from it. (24) Remove dishonesty from your mouth. Put deceptive speech far away from your lips. (25) Let your eyes look straight ahead and your sight be focused in front of you. (26) Carefully walk a straight path, and all your ways will be secure. (27) Do not lean to the right or to the left. Walk away from evil.
- (Vs.20) Attend to God’s Word: habitual, daily, balanced bible reading.
- (Vs.20) Open your ears to God’s Word: listen to anointed prophetic and apostolic preaching and teaching weekly by going to church BOTH physically (Heb.10.25) and electronically.
- (Vs.21) Let them not depart from your eyes (Eph1.18): meditate (say and think on God’s Word day and night (Josh.1.8, Dt.6.6-7); at least once every 6 hours (2 Sam.6.13; Mk.13.35) and so at every opportunity and by this in every temptation (2 Cor.10.4-5).
- (Vs.22-23) Keep your heart filled with the life of God using God’s Word (2 Pet.1.4) and so pray frequently and fervently with tongues and groanings (Eph.6.17-18; Rom.8.26; 1 Cor.14.5, 18).
- (Vs. 26-27) Continually (Jn.8.31) practice obeying God’s Word (Dt.30.11-14).